The Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting duties and support. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data so senior management can make informed decisions. They will maintain contact with other staff members and observe confidentiality in all matters.
- Account reconciliation and analysis.
- Assist with providing work direction to Accounts Payable Staff
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly sales and other tax reports.
- Perform adhoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior service behavior with all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with accounting techniques.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Will be working in an office environment
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours during Month End.
- Accreditation or degree from a two-year program with emphasis in accounting or finance required plus a minimum of two years accounting or finance experience required.
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
Job Status: Full Time