Our team is looking for a Staff Accountant! This position provides superb Accounting skills to our four motorcycle dealerships across 2 states. If you have the skills and are looking to expand your career - please apply!
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt/Sensitive
The Accountant performs a variety of general accounting duties and support. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data so senior management can make informed decisions. They will maintain contact with other staff members and observe confidentiality in all matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related, higher education classes of relevant subject matter or advanced training preferred
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with LightSpeed a plus
- Minimum of four years accounting experience
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize
- Work well with others, be an effective team player
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, familiar with a professional office environment and equipment
- Account reconciliation and analysis.
- Assist with providing work direction to Accounts Payable Staff
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly sales and other tax reports.
- Perform adhoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior service behavior with all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with accounting techniques.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Will be working in an office environment
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours during Month End.
Job Status: Full Time