Founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons, Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is the world’s largest Harley-Davidson dealership. From inception, our mission has been to grow relationships, not force sales, and this remains our focus today as we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience.
We are committed to serving our customers and community and actively support Harley enthusiasts, hosting rides, H.O.G. Chapter meetings, educational workshops and rider safety seminars. We also host events benefiting charitable organizations such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Semper Fi Fund, among many others.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading Harley-Davidson dealership? If so, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Motorclothes Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt/Part-Time/Not Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. The Receptionist is the main point of contact for all customers entering the dealership. Assist all customers, in person or over the phone, with questions and requests. Provide a memorable shopping experience by creating excitement and maintaining an exceptional standard of customer service.
- Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise Inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
- Attend training sessions to keep current with merchandising & inventory control issues.
- Receive payments for products and services rendered. Authorizes all credit card and cash payments. Returns receipt and change to customer.
- Initiate and maintain all related paperwork.
- Assist bookkeeper or other administrative assistants, as required.
- Maintain updated customer mailing lists
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer telephone within two rings, answer questions, route calls to appropriate person, take messages when appropriate and deliver in a timely manner.
- Achieve and maintain rapport with customers and strive to provide an exciting shopping experience, welcome them back.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers. Always practice upselling and suggestive selling to increase the order.
- Provides prompt and accurate service on the cash register.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
- Be able to provide information on our events, rides, local hotel accommodations, restaurants, etc. for all customers.
- Assist applicants with employment information, provide applications and deliver to appropriate department manager.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Must meet all training requirements within first 90 days on the job.
- 2+ years customer service and/or receptionist experience
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a positive attitude
- Excellent telephone demeanor and strong communication skills are necessary for in-person and telephone contact.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems and situations as they arise
- High level of accuracy, creativity, and attention to detail
- Reliability and Dependability a must
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Part Time