Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is looking for an Event Coordinator to join our team. If you have a passion for powersports and are a self-starter with creative ideas and a can-do attitude, we want to talk to you! You’ll join a team of creative, enthusiastic professionals who are excited to give back to the community and make dreams come true every day!
Responsible for conceiving, planning and executing dealership events. Coordinates with the General Manager, Department Managers and corporate marketing staff to ensure all aspects of the event are in keeping with the dealership marketing and promotional objectives.
- Must have prior event experience including working with groups/organizations/charities on a marketing basis
- Motorcycle industry background highly desired or enthusiasm to learn our brands
- Must be comfortable communicating with vendors
- Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word required) experience
- A positive and fun personality are a plus
- Must be available nights, weekends and provide own transportation for all events on and off site
- In conjunction with the General Manager, Department Managers and corporate marketing staff, conceive dealership events which are consistent with the dealership’s marketing/sales objectives.
- Take the lead in planning and executing all dealership events.
- Obtain quotes from and contract with all vendors/talent (e.g., food, beverage, promo girls, stunt acts, bands, etc.) necessary to support events, obtaining required review of any contract documents.
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure all vendors/performers/etc. are paid in accordance with their requirements.
- Ensure all dealership staff are aware of all upcoming events.
- Coordinate with General Manager, Department Managers and other marketing staff to ensure all events are properly staffed.
- Utilize company forms/processes in planning and executing events.
- Post event photos before, during, and after event in a specified album on Facebook and/or folder on the dealership shared drive.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and provide a past event review and upcoming event update
- Attend weekly Marketing meetings with the General Manager to plan and coordinate dealer events.
- In cooperation with the corporate creative staff, maintain in-store promotional material including door flyers, bag stuffers and signage
- Handle all incoming inquiries for donation requests and provide them to the General Manager for review.
- Maintain event calendar
- Coordinate rides that leave from the dealership
- Create event site plan.
- Coordinate off-site promotions including staffing the event, getting motorcycles to the off-site location and displayed, providing all lead generation and other necessary materials/equipment/supplies.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for events and marketing promotions on-site
- Obtain tent permits, liquor permits, and special event permits, etc. from the city and/or state, as applicable
- Track various expenditures and revenues, collecting fees and maintaining any necessary records.
- Coordinate with other marketing staff regarding the need for print, digital, radio or other ad campaigns.
- Provide feedback on ways to improve events in a cost effective way
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Sometimes required to stand for several hours
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time