Job Title: Controller
Reports to: Vice President, Powersports Division/Chief Accounting Officer
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt/Sensitive
The Controller will be responsible for various aspects of financial reporting, including consolidation of multi-dealership financial results, technical analysis, monthly analysis of financial reports, support of the annual budget plan, internal and external audits, supervision of staff, and special projects as needed.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, and oversee financial projects and audits
- Ensure all the financial systems and controls meet requirements and are in line with all relevant legislation and financial reporting guidelines
- Update and implement all necessary accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures the financial policies and procedures established are properly followed
- Manage and maintain the accounting system
- Manage all aspects of the accounting cycle and accounting transactions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting close, and internal and external financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as required
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Prepare financial reports and forecasts
- Perform adhoc projects and assist in all areas of operation as requested
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA designation preferred
- 5+ years accounting/controller experience
- Prior experience within a dealership or retail environment highly desired
- Lightspeed Experience Preferred
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Job Status: Full Time