Business Manager / F & I Manager
Founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons, Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is the world’s largest Harley-Davidson dealership. From inception, our mission has been to grow relationships, not force sales, and this remains our focus today as we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience.
We are committed to serving our customers and community and actively support Harley enthusiasts, hosting rides, H.O.G. Chapter meetings, educational workshops and rider safety seminars. We also host events benefiting charitable organizations such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Semper Fi Fund, among many others.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading Harley-Davidson dealership? If so, we want to hear from you.
Here are some details:
Job Title: Business Manager
Department: Finance & Insurance Department
Reports to: General Manager / Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Direct responsibility for the Finance and Insurance operations of the Motorcycle Sales Department.
- Oversee and direct the business office operational activities related to providing finance, insurance, and extended service programs
- Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling finance, insurance, and extended service programs to new and used motorcycle customers
- Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with several finance sources, factory and otherwise.
- Actively recruit and maintain a strong market base for the providing of available finance and Insurance products. Pro-actively use sales techniques.
- Analyze departmental activities and practices effective problem solving techniques.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide with reports, as requested.
- Pursue a continuing program of formal and informal education in the area of expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Belong to (or join) any relevant associations.
- Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve a desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
- Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies. Maintain a Finance and Insurance logbook. Prepare monthly penetration reports on finance penetration.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
- Handle all rate quotations.
- Act as a liaison to all departments in matters concerning Finance and Insurance.
- Assist and support overall company policies and procedures and support the dealers philosophy.
- Able to work cross-functionally with all departments, with an emphasis on the Sales Department and Service Manager.
- Provide supplemental assistance to a sales person in the Motorcycle Sales Department. Work in conjunction with the sales team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or F&I department.
- Ability to effectively supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Ability to make strong independent decisions and the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Be the example to department employees and other dealership personnel by appearance, attendance, being on time for work, and open to flexible scheduling.
- Establish and maintain an efficient, organized, clean and professional business office.
- Responsible for informing the entire dealership staff of any new programs or promotions relative to F&I. Also develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
- Responsible for training new employees joining the Finance Department.
- Responsible for training the Sales Department on products and services offered by the Finance Department.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure high levels of Customer Service.
- Motivate entire staff to assure quality customer service to all clients.
- Maintain a quality assessment and improvement program to assure high quality service to all customers. Institute and employ a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistence treatment.
- Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is and “EVENT” that will endear customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to the dealership’s philosophy of quality service to all customers and acts as a role model to other dealership employees.
- Be able to handle customer complaints quickly and courteously, demonstrating empathy, a positive attitude, and our commitment to “making things right”.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with F&I sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Review all P.A.C.E. tapes and attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising & inventory control topics as assigned by the Parts Manager
- Demonstrate a professional approach to customer service.
- Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
- Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting.
- Complete Harley Davidson University Modules within 90 Days: Product Expertise, Process Proficiency, Regulatory Compliance, and Professional Development
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of F&I products, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Computer literate with typing skills and open to learning new software and computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time